Monday, September 20, 2010

Skin Layer 1

SKIN LAYER 1


In the room by myself
With the TV on
In the background.
I put my laptop to use,
Whilst I look at my skin
And note how smooth
It is and how I feel calm.

But soon enough,
A memory emerges
Of how different it can be,
When you are here with me
And the texture of my skin
Gradually changes
To goose pumps.


I feel tension in my head.
I guess because I dread
To think of the possibility
Of you getting under my skin,
Like an invasion when you

Simply wish to win the argument
By personal possession of
My soul as a moveable thing.

(c) Copyright Jennifer Hooper 2009-2010

Scientifically a protective barrier and also a metaphor  as a subjective experience of a sense of physiological and psychological penetration, that is, of the skin. Full narrative comprises of Skin Layer 1 representing a ubiquitous sense of control, the Skin Layer 2 being skin deep as identity, and Skin Layer 3 the foundation of a whole organ made in God’s love. Overall an autonomous organ that gives shape to "me" and yet there exists another force competing for ownership.  Poems 2 and 3 will be released in my second moving forward continued autobiography. (Skin Layer 1, is featured in my first contribution to an anthology in 2010, edited by Nicole Moore, Founder of Shangwe Writers.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home